The Great Barrier Reef is our region’s greatest asset, the backbone of our Far North Queensland economy. Right now, its very future and our local livelihoods, are under dire threat.
This election, candidates have the chance to make a big difference. If they will back investment in renewable energy and cleaning up Reef waterways, we can generate thousands of regional jobs and protect the Reef at the same time! It’s win win.
But which local candidates will actually fight for our Reef? How do the major parties stack up on their Reef and climate policies?
You will have the opportunity to submit a question for the candidates when you register for the event. RSVP today to submit your question.
You’ll hear from:
- Barron River MP Craig Crawford
- Cairns MP Michael Healy
- LNP Barron River candidate Linda Cooper
- LNP Cairns candidate Sam Marino
- Greens Barron River candidate Aaron McDonald
- Coral Reef Expert – Professor Morgan Pratchett