Our MP engagement training is a half-day online workshop for people and groups who want to build sustained and strategic relationships with their local representatives and MPs to lobby and move them on issues you are passionate about.
Together, we’ll explore theory and practical exercises to get the most out of MP engagement. Plus you’ll connect with people in your local area to plan your own MP lobbying actions.
In this training you will:
- Learn how to engage your MP via email, letter writing, individual and mass phone-calls, meetings and sustained follow up.
- Learn how to research your local representative, build a relationship with your MP and strategically decide on which issues they could be moved.
- Learn about our ‘Build Back Better’ campaign and the demands and solutions we have for a climate-focused COVID-19 economic recovery.
- Discuss recovery solutions with people in your local area.
- Work together with other people from your local area to discuss your target decision-maker and how they can be moved on your issues.
Right now it’s so important to learn MP engagement skills so that we can push our representatives Build Back Better and focus on an economic recovery with climate solutions at the centre.
Anyone with interest in climate action and sustainable recovery solutions is welcome to join!
Due to COVID-19 restrictions this training will be held on Zoom.
WHEN: Saturday 3 October 10am-2pm
WHERE: RSVP below to receive the Zoom link in an email